Steven and I absolutely LOVE these no bake cookies! 😀 They are one of our favorite “quick treats” for when we are having a late night chocolate craving. 😉 I created this recipe by modifying one that I received from my sister. They turned out absolutely fabulous and are so easy to prepare!
These are gluten free as long as the oats that you have are certified gluten free. 😉
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey
- 1/4 cup Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Skim Milk (organic is best)…you can make this dairy free by using almond or any other nut milk or coconut milk in place of the cows milk 🙂
- 1/4 cup Raw Unsweetened Coconut
- 1/2 cup Peanut Butter/Nut butter of choice (just nuts…no additives such as sugar, oil, etc)
- 1 teaspoon Vanilla
- 3 cups Rolled Oats (give or take, stir in a little at a time until you get a desired consistency)
Combine the Coconut Oil, Honey, Cocoa Powder, and Milk into a med saucepan over med high heat.
Once it has come to a boil, set your timer for 1 minute and let it boil. When the minute is up, remove from the heat and add in the Coconut, Peanut Butter, and Vanilla until thoroughly mixed. A wire whisk works great for this part.
Last, add in the oats, a cup at a time, until it reaches a consistency that you desire.
Use a small or large ice cream scoop to scoop the oat mixture onto cookie sheets that you have covered with waxed paper. We then put ours in the freezer for a quick set time…after about 15 minutes, they are ready to enjoy!
Who of you has cooked with coconut oil? Do you like it? Use it frequently? Please share your experiences with this great ingredient that is now a staple in our home! 🙂