So, I have been reading all of the awesome research that supports the high content of antioxidants found in dark chocolate…there is also tons of stuff suggesting that because of this high content, it can be very benificial in helping with disease. Along with a healthy diet of course! 😉
But you all know me, I’m not a fan of the “processed” stuff…and for some reason, just can’t bring myself to think that store-bought candy bars could help me in the slightest…lol. So I was on a mission! (cause who doesn’t love the idea of chocolate being healthy!?!?) And I found a way to make it at home! And it’s totally easy! 😀 And the only downfalls I have found are….
1. I don’t want to STOP eating it!
2. It is best kept in the fridge until you are ready to indulge because it is made with coconut oil, and will melt if you keep your house pretty warm (which we have to do b/c dad is staying here 😉 )
But none the less, you HAVE to try it!!! It’s sooooo easy, and remarkably good (for those of you that like dark chocolate) My husband will be beside himself with joy when he gets home! 😉
So, all you need is….
- 5 tablespoons Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
- 6 tablespoons Baking Cocoa
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Raw Honey
- 1/4 teaspoon Vanilla
Melt the coconut oil on medium heat in a small sauce pan
Remove from the heat and stir in the remaining ingredients
Coat a small glass pan with waxed paper
…and dump in the yummy chocolate concoction
Place in the fridge until hardened…then you take it out and cut it up all pretty…and eat away! 😛
Please let me know how it works for you and what you think!
~Recipe was modified from the one found HERE